Why Am I Not Seeing Results After my Smart Lipo?

I'm now 9 days post op on Smart Lipo on my upper and lower abs and flanks. My lower abs look exactly the same, is this normal? Did anyone else have this experience?

It is way too soon to expect Results from Smart Lipo

+3

I tell all my Smart Lipo patients to wait 3 months before expecting to see any change, and that the improvement may continue for up to 6 months. This does not mean that everyone has to wait 3 months before seeing results, but often it takes significant time. The reason for this is as follows:

1) There is post op swelling

2) Most people will retain some fluid after surgery

3) The people having Smart Lipo have relatively smaller pockets of fat and thus the changes take longer to be noticeable

4) Some of the benefit comes from the internal scarring which is created, and when this scarring contracts over time, it brings in a tighter look. This takes months, not days.

Hang in there.

Sterling Plastic Surgeon