Do I Need to Get Smart Lipo on my Upper Abs As Well? (photo)

I want to have a smaller waistline to accentuate an hourglass curve. Looking to reduce 2 inches in the waist. Do I need to get the Lipo done both my upper and lower abs? I have only a little bit of love handles, so probably will not get that done. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

How much lipo is needed?

+2

From your photograph, it appears that you do not need a significant amount of liposuction, but if it is performed it should be based upon the degree of excess fat. This cannot be determined through a photo and should be based upon an exam with your surgeon. Frequently the upper and lower abdominal areas are treated together. The waist must also be assessed with respect to fatty excess around the lower back and "love handle" areas. You do not need to seek out "smart lipo" or any of the marketed technologies as they have never demonstrated better results, have higher risks and are often more expensive. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Do I Need to Get Smart Lipo on my Upper Abs As Well?

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. Very hard to be accurate over the internet but your upper abdomen needs minimal Smart lipo if any. 

Lipo on Upper and Lower Abdomen?

+1

I almost always recommend liposuction of both the upper and lower abdomen for symmetry, lipo of one area alone can cause an unbalanced/unnatural look. Good luck.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon