Exercise Routines After Smart Lipo MPX?

I had a Medial Thighs Smart Lipo MPX 4 days ago. What type of exercises are the best for me in this situation and which ones should I avoid?

Waiting on exercise may help your results

+1

We always tell patients to wait at least three weeks following liposuction before exercising at all. Let your body go through it's normal healing process which sometimes takes several weeks. We find that patients that do not adhere to this sometimes have problems with healing and inflammation. Four days is definitely not long enough. Take care

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please check with your doctor regard recommendation for care after SmartLipo.

+1

Please check with your doctor regard recommendation for care after SmartLipo.  It is always best to follow the instructions of the doctor who did the procedure assuming he/she is a expert and is familiar with the best post op routine.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

What kind of exercise can be done after Smart Lipo?

+1

I like my patients to be as active as they can after Smart Lipo.  I think that the faster one gets back in their routine, the faster they will heal.  If it starts to hurt then back off.

Kenneth L. Stein, MD

Exercise after SmartLipo

+1

SmartLipo is minimally invasive and most patients can resume exercise after 2 weeks. I would suggest starting light exercises in the first week such as walking and stationary bikes, and then resuming to your usual exercise routine .

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Exercising after SmartLipo

+1

I ask that my patients don’t overexert themselves the first week after surgery. You can do light exercise, such as walking. You can start up your regular exercise program after 7 days but remember to listen to your body. If you are getting sore a little earlier in your exercise, I would stop. You may have to slowly increase your activity everyday.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Exercise speeds recovery

+1

Every doctor has his or her own preferences for post-lipo activity and they are modified for each individual's situation. I usually encourage light exercise as soon as tolerated but restrict strenuous exercise until two weeks have passed. Walking or light elliptical is plenty at four days, and people definitely heal faster doing this than staying in bed, but get clearance from your physician first.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon