Smart Lipo on Mother's Apron Belly?

Looking to Have Smart Lipo From a Doctor that is Fare in Price. Also if Smart lipo works on a Mother's Apron Belly? I really dont want to do a tummy tuck due to the scaring and recovery time. Can anyone please give advice or maybe a doctor can help make some suggestion or even help me out?

Laser lipolysis: not great for an apron

+2

Laser lipolysis may work for mild to minor degrees of skin laxity but is not the best treatment for an apron. It is likely you will be left with more loose skin especially when bending at the waist.

Smart Lipo will not correct Redundant Skin from Tummy Apron

+1

Smart lipo, actually any liposuction procedure by itself will not remove the apron of skin redundancy you describe. From your description you will need removal of this skin which is a type of tummy tuck/abdominoplasty. Seek the evaluation and guidance of a board certified plastic surgeon

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Liposuction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description,  I am concerned that you will not be a good candidate for liposuction surgery.
“Ideal” liposuction patient candidates present with isolated diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue collection,  with overlying skin that demonstrates adequate elasticity ( to “bounce back” after the adipose tissue has been removed).

Furthermore, good skin elasticity is an important  attribute  of the patient undergoing liposuction surgery. As we age we generally  lose some skin elasticity. After the liposuction procedure we are depending on the skin elasticity to allow the skin envelope to “shrink” to fit the reduced contour resulting from the liposuction procedure.

I would suggest in-person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Smartlipo is not for an abdominal pannus

+1

Your description of having an apron belly tells you exactly that this is not the procedure for you. An apron belly means you have an abdominal pannus, an overhang of abdominal skin. Any form of liposuction will not get you the result you want because you have too much skin. Instead of Smartlipo what you need is an abdominal panniculectomy, a surgical procedure that cuts off the overhang. Smartlipo can not tighten up that much skin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

It depends on how 'hanging' the area is whether this will work or not.

+1

While the term hanging typically means that liposuction won't work, I have seen hundreds of patients where the combination of tumescent liposuction along with SmartLipo worked beautifully for this concern.  It all has to to with the combination, as well as knowing expectations.

Most plastic surgeons start off by doing a 'tummy tuck/abdominoplasty', while most dermatologists start off by either doing tumescent liposuction/SmartLipo or referring to a plastic surgeon for tummy tuck.  There is no right or wrong unless it is hopeless to consider liposuction.  You can go to my site to see some pictures of patients that succeeded, despite NOT having a tummy tuck.

Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist

Smart liposuction

+1

In San Antonio, you might consider scheduling a consultation with Dr. Kimberly Finder, who is a specialist in liposuction.There may be other good liposuction surgeons in your town and you may wish to check with your primary care physician.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Laser lipo is NOT for an apron belly

+1

The loose abdominal skin from pregnancy and or weight loss cannot be treated with laser lipo!  It requires a tummy tuck, nothing less.  The scar will be worth the benefit if you go to an excellent plastic surgeon.  Don't be fooled by laserlipo ads.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Laser lipolysis candidate

+1

While this might be a good physician with a good price, it is not the best procedure for an apron (pannus).  Laser lipo certainly has a role in modern body contouring, but asking it to address an apron is like peeing in the ocean.  It's just not gonna make that much of a difference.  In fact, it may further deflate the apron and exaggerate the skin laxity.  If it were my body or that of one of my family members, I would suggest either a tummy tuck or no surgery.  Lipo would require an investment of both money and time would yield suboptimal results. Good luck

Jason R. Hess, MD

Smart Lipo on Mother's Apron Belly

+1

As a SMART LIPO training physician I recommend you and mom rethink having this done for a apron of skin/fat. It will only make the apron hang more. Be careful out there. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Smart lipo on apron belly

+1

If your mother has an overhanging pannus, then lipo is no the answer. It sounds like she might be a better candidate for an excision of tissue.