Oregon or Washington Doctor for Smart Lipo with Mommy Makeover?

Does anyone know who does Smart Lipo in the Portland, Clackamas, Hillsboro, Beaverton, Grasham areas in Oregon, or Vancouver in Washington?

Smart lipo is not for loose skin

+1

There is certainly a lot of buzz about technologies that tighten skin with lipo, and the idea is very appealing since no one wants the recovery time or scar from a tummy tuck if it is avoidable. There is only one study proving the concept of skin tightening with smart lipo, though it is widely promoted as an alternative to a tummy tuck. Post-lipo Thermage tightens more than smart lipo, and VASER ultrasound has been reported to help too. However, none of these would be appropriate for you given the photo. There are few guarantees in the world of plastic surgery, but I can guarantee that any of the lipo procedures, would not give a good result in your case. Go for the truly smart procedure and have the tummy tuck.

Dangers of searching for "brand name" procedures

+1

Dear Jessica,

After looking at your picture, I can comfortably say you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck, and NOT a good candidate for liposuction (any of the forms). I think it is wonderful that patients are proactive and try to learn what is best for them, but even a few years of research are not enough to learn everything that a plastic surgeon knows. You research has lead you to believe that SmartLipo will help your stomach by causing tightening - it will result in some tightening below the surface, but NOT to the extent necessary to make a visible difference. The device companies push these points for marketing reasons. You really should visit a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your goals with them (don't go in requesting a specific procedure, rather show them the region that you want to change). Listen to their advice and the reasons behind what they suggest. Don't fall for a marketing ploy - you will be disappointed with the results of laser lipolysis.

Dr.B

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Mommy makeovers in WA

+1

I do a substantial number of mommy makeovers. What you should be doing is looking for the best surgeons in your area and asking them what you need to achieve your goals rather than looking for someone (usually a non-plastic surgeon) who will do Smartlipo on you. The truth is that you might not be a good candidate for liposuction at all after having children and Smartlipo despite all it's advertising has never been shown to make your skin shrink better than traditional liposuction if it has lost its elastic tone.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Smartlipo and loose abdominal skin

+1

Smartlipo or any of the other laser lipolysis devices will nothelp you. You have a lot of loose abdominal skin that most likely would be better treated with a tummy tuck type of procedure.