Smart Lipo for Minor Jowling?

A friend of mine was considering Smart Lipo for slight jowling. She said it can be done with local anesthetic. Is this something that would soften my slight jowls? What is  the downtime like? When they numb the area, can you still swallow ? I'm just curious if my throat will also be numb. Is Smart Lipo something that is done a lot to areas like this, or does the patient need to have more fat/jowling? Thank you.

Sometimes, Smart Lipo will work for mild jowling

+1

Sometimes a small amount of smart lipo will work for mild jowling and it can be done under local anesthesia. Smart lipo is usually not sufficeint for severe jowling. However, I noticed your age was 47, so it may work for you as you are still young.

Also, most small to medium sized areas can undergo liposuction under local anesthesia. The type of anesthesia used for these procedures is called tumescent anesthesia and areas such as the arms, outer thighs (if not too large), flanks (waistline) can be suctioned under this type of local anesthesia.