If I Have Smart Lipo Will I Lose my Muffin Top?

I am 5'2" and weight 140 lbs. and my main concern is will I beable to wear a pair of pants or shorts and not have to worry about my muffin top.

Liposuction can be helpful in reducing the Muffin Top

+1

Hi there-

Depending on the composition of your muffin top, liposuction may be of benefit. As for the type of liposuction, my opinion (having tried them all) is that laser liposuction (like Smartlipo) is a gimmick and is not as safe or effective as other options.

Please read this to understand liposuction options:

A great solution

+1

SmartLipo MPX is a good option for the muffin top.  I typically perform liposuction with or without Smartlipo MPX depending upon the patient.  Smartlipo becomes important for those patients with difficult to remove fat, but not everyone needs the laser portion.

Make sure you seek out a qualified and experienced liposuction surgeon to fully assess and discuss your needs before scheduling to make sure it is the best treatment for you

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin quality matters

+1

Liposuction (ANY type, not just laser-assisted liposuction like SmartLipo) can remove extra fat from nearly any body area, including the muffin top.  Laser-assisted liposuction is touted by the laser companies as something that can tighten the skin, but that claim has never really been proven by any studies.  If you have loose skin now, you will likely still have loose skin after any type of liposuction.

Your plastic surgeon--be sure you're seeing a board-certiifed PLASTIC SURGEON, NOT A COSMETIC SURGEON--can guide you. 

Carmen Kavali, MD

+1

Most likely but a photo would help. Seek 3 opinions from boarded surgeons. I do Smart Lipo MPX + lipo on the muffin top very frequently with great results. 

Muffin top treatment

+1

If the muffin top is primarily fat than liposuction canb e helpful. If the muffin top is mostly skin, then you probably need an excision of skin.

Muffin top treated by liposuction

+1
Every patient must be evaluated based on their unique medical history and physicalexamination but muffin tops are normally good candidates for liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD