Smart Lipo to Fix Sagging After Liposuction?

I had traditional Liposuction performed about 10 years ago. I was happy with most of the results except I was left with a saggy area just under where my buttocks should end that's close to 2 inches long. It makes my buttocks appear much longer than it really is and, therefore, makes my legs look a little shorter as well. I was told that the best way to solve this problem is through something such as the Smart Lipo method so that it can tighten that sagging area that was caused by the Lipo. Is this correct and is this the best way to solve this problem?

Laser retreatment after conventional liposuction

+1

I use laser liposuction as well as ultrasonic liposuction in selected cases (although the laser has completely supplanted the ultrasonic equipment). Both methods are meant to deliver some thermal damage to connective tissue resulting in some contraction (tightening).

There might me some modest benefit from laser retreatment for your problem. However, dramatic results are unlikely. If your surgeon is willing to retreat you at his expense, I'd probably go ahead and see if there is improvement. If, however, you're paying anew, I doubt you will get your money's worth.

Smart Lipo is not Magical

+1

You have to be careful here, because Smart Lipo is not magical and its skin retracting properties are over rated. Most plastic surgeons can achieve the same result with traditional lipo as others can achieve with smart lipo. Smart lipo is nothing special, just another method of removing the fat.

So if you really have loose skin, then it may be that you will need an excisional procedure. Just really depends on how much loose skin you have.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD