Smart Lipo, Lipo Sculpture or a Tummy Tuck! Need Help? What's Best? (photo)

I am 21, 2children, 172cm tall, 68kg, 2-2.5cm diastisis recti. Wondering if lipo will cause severe wrinkly and loose skin on me as a surgeons assistant once told me it would and I need a full tummy tuck :( but some of the results I have seen with this lipo are incredible and people look worse then me in there before shots and look incredible now! Plz help someone! I have quick skin reflex aswell like a normal 21 year old. Won't some lipo actually tighten skin?

Smart Lipo, Lipo Sculpture or a Tummy Tuck! Need Help? What's Best? (

+1

Some kinds of lipo may tighten skin in some patients, but not enough to solve the problems present in these photos--excess skin, lax abdominal wall, excess fat. 

Only a TT will get a decent result. However, if you are considering having more children it would be wise to wait until your last pregnancy--otherwise you may be considering a second TT in the near future. All the best. 

Tummy tuck vs lipo

+1

Liposuction can decrease the thickness of your abdominal wall fat and might help alittle if you want to avoid the scar and or are planning on future pregnancies.  But if you want a flatter stomach and tighter skin envelope then a tummy tuck seems to be your best option. Best wishes

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Consider an abdominoplasty

+1

With your degree of skin laxity and stretch marks there is no question that you would be a poor candidate for any form of liposuction.  Liposuction would leave you with a prune belly.  Consider an abdominoplasty only.  

Liposuction is not the answer for you

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  Liposuction can work well in younger patients because the skin does shrink back more predictably. In your case this will not happen because your skin has been stretched too much by your pregnancies.  This is represented by your stretch marks.  Your loose skin, abdominal wall weakness and diastasis is best treated with a full tummy tuck.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Smart Lipo, Lipo Sculpture or a Tummy Tuck! Need Help? What's Best?

+1

If not having more children that you best option is a FULL TUMMY TUCK! The excess skin is the real issue here! 

Lipo Sculpture or a Tummy Tuck! Need Help

+1

Hello and thanks for sharing your photos and your question.

VASER liposuction can cause some skin tightening in addition to removing the fat. Since your skin has stretch marks, your skin has lost its elasticity and is unable to spring back. So the amount of skin tightening after LIPO can be variable.  It  is very similar to a rubber band that has been overstretched. Your Rectus Divarication is a physical separation and hence needs to be physically tightening by surgery.

I think your best bet is to have a Tummy Tuck to get rid of the excess skin that will not shrink, repair the divarication of rectus and increase the tone and look of the abdomen and VASER liposuction to restore your contour and tighten the skin. 

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck at 21

+1

Hi teaz,

Given your age it's completely understandable that you would hope lipo alone would do the trick.  It's very clear that it won't. For a worthwhile result you will need to have a tummy tuck including a diastasis repair.

Lipo alone will probably make your tummy look worse I'm sorry to say.

The decisions for you to make are not which procedure to have, that is already clear, but around the timing.

If you have finished having your babies, and the last one is a year old, then you could have surgery.

If you're considering more babies then you're best to wait and have surgery when you feel your family is complete.

all the very best

Howard Webster

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck absolutely better than lipo when skin is lax

+1

Laser lipo, VASER lipo, and other techniques may be able to tighten skin slightly, but it is never enough to replace a tummy tuck when the skin is as loose as what I see in the photo. Do not be misled by photos that imply otherwise, they are not likely to be typical results or cases that have the degree of skin laxity.  

Richard Baxter, MD

Lipo will not tighten your skin

+1

Your skin and muscle were stretched and damaged  with pregnancy.  Liposuction will not un-stretch the amount of looseness that appears in your photos.  I agree with others that you are a candidate for a tummy tuck.  Lesser surgeries will produce lesser results.

Michael S. Hopkins, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Laser liposuction does not tighten the skin.

+1

If there is any skin shrinkage with laser liposuction it is extremely modest. Your candidate for an abdominoplasty but really nothing less.