Large Flanks After Smart Lipo

I'm a male and around 2 weeks ago, I had Smart Lipo on my chest, stomach, and flanks. Right now, I'm discouraged because my flanks (especially near the thigh and buttocks) are bigger then they were before, this is giving me a really strange figure. When will my flanks go down? And is it normal for an area to be bigger around 2 weeks after Smart Lipo?

Probably normal to have prolonged swelling near thighs and buttocks

+1

It very normal to be swollen in this area for a prolonged period of 3-4 months.

However, remain in close contact with your surgeon to make sure you do not have a seroma or other treatable cause for the swelling.

Wear your supportive and compression garments as instructed.

Patience is the hard part!

+1

As already noted it can take 6-8 weeks for full resolution of swelling.  Remember that the skin tightening component as well will continue for 2-3 months, so you should keep seeing improvement.  We all want quick fixes but the healing phases cannot be sped up.  Let's have a follow up in a few weeks.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Flank liposuction

+1

If you had adequate liposuction of the flanks, then what you are seeing is most likely swelling. Give it some time to subside.  This will usually occur in 4-6 weeks after the procedure.

You are still early in your recovery

+1

I give patients up to 2 months before taking their "after" photos for standard lipo. Your swelling probablyu normal but ask your doc about this.

Did you have your flank area suctioned after the SmartLipo? I have seen patients remain swollen for many weeks after SmartLipo when the liquified fat is not suctioned out.