Will Smart Lipo Improve Small Amount of Skin Under Chin?

I am 20 years old, i had an eating disorder a long time ago and lost weight then gained it back. Then lost 35-40 lbs, and i exercised regularly but was left with a little extra skin and soft fat pushing under the chin. It's not a large amount of skin or fat at all but its still very noticeable. I have had 3 laser tightening treatments (waste of money) and saw a slight difference but it is still noticeable. Would smart lipo tighten the skin?

Chin Liposuction

+1

No, laser will not tighten the skin, at least not enough to be worth the time and money.  See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and ask how your condition would be for having a submental plication or a neck lift.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo and neck

+1

I am not convinced that Smartlipo will contract the skin anymore than any other liposuction technique. 

Smartlipo removes submental fat and tightens skin

+1

Smartlipo can remove fat and tighten skin in the submental area.  You probably have excess fat cells in this area in addition to lax skin. Smartlipo is very likely to help the contour and tighten the skin.  While it won't tighten it as much as a neck lift, it is  much simpler and less invasive.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Neck smartlipo

+1

Depending on the laxity of your skin because of your history, the laser-assisted liposuction, such as SmartLipo may help retract the skin better than conventional liposuction. Several plastic surgeons and dermatologic surgeons that do laser-assisted liposuction have told me they see improvement fromt he SmartLipo. There are risks with any procedure, and neck liposuction often leaves fine creases in the texture of the skin, which SmartLipo may or may not avoid. There also could be indentations or areas that need further removal after the surgery is done. Seek consultation with an experienced SmartLiposuction surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Difficult to tell

+1

It is difficult to see for sure.  There are many parts to rejuvenating a neck: loose skin, loose muscle and fat.  If it only fat and some loose skin then the Smartlipo will help your chin.  Loose skin only may tighten following Smartlipo but it is possible that it only PARTIALLY tightens giving you an improvement but not a complete result.  THe third option is that there are some loose muscle bands that need to have surgical tightening to get you the best result.  It looks like you may have some of these bands, but the angle of the picture makes it difficult to tell.  You are quite young to have these bands but it certainly needs a complete evaluation.  See a qualified physician in your area that offers all of these techniques to get an honest opinion.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Smart lipo under chin.

+1

Hard to say even with the poor position view of your chin in that photo. My guess is YES! But in person evaluations are in order. Seek 3 opinions from Smart Lipo docs in your area. From MIAMI Dr. B