Can I Get Smart Lipo on my Hips Without Getting my Stomach Done

SmartLipo or any tumescent liposuction can be done on one cosmetic unit at a time

+1

Certainly, if you are a candidate to have liposuction on one cosmetic unit, such as your hips, you can have that done as a solitary procedure, and return subsequently, if desired, to undergo liposuction on other sites. Some patients though, would indeed receive a better result because on area flows right into the other and the other area will look unnaturally large after the first site is treated if they are both not done at the same time.

Smartlipo works for hips, abdomen and discreet areas

+1

Yes.  Smarlipo is ideal for melting fat in descrete areas.  You can absoultely have a Smartlipo treatment for your hips without having your abdomen done and vice-versa!  That's the beauty of Smartlipo, also known as laser lipolysis.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Lipo of hips

+1

You certainly can get liposuction of the hips alone withotu doing your abdomen.  I could';t say for sure without an exam.

Smartlipo for one or many areas

+1

YEs

Smartlipo i sappropriate for one are or multiple areas.  It is common to have patients who only have liposuction or Smartlipo on just the hip or outer thigh area.  What is important to consider is whether you have a need for liposuction or smartlipo in other areas.  If so, then you should probably consider having them done at the same time in order to avoid a separate procedure.  The other important factor is to make sure that your overall shape is well sculpted and well proprtioned i.e. you don't want thin narrow shapely hips and thighs and a large tummy, this will make you look top heavy.

Edgar Franklin Fincher, MD, PhD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon