Can a Smart Lipo Help Me with my Fat and Cellulite on the Thighs or Its Better to Go with Cellulaze? (photo)

Im 27 yealrs old, fit and authletic person, but no matter how hard i work out or diet i still have a problem with my thighs. There`re fat and cellulite on them.. Cellulite appers very noticebale when I tighten the musle.. to me it looks like the cellulite is in the fat bulge... So Im confused which procedure should I get, the SmartLipo or the Cellulaze?...Please help!

+3

Do the Cellulaze first to see if the correction of the cellulite is acceptable to you. Than during the healing phase from cellulose exercise to tighten the thighs. If you still think you have excess fat than Smart Lipo as a second operation. 

Smartlipo and Cellulaze: Similar, but Different!

+2

Smartlipo (laser-assisted lipo) "melts" the fat and helps to make removal of the excess fat much less traumatic.  The instrumentation for Smartlipo is miniturized (compared to traditional liposuction), the laser energy liquefies the fat and it is much easier to remove liquefied fat than solid fat.  Smartlipo is great for areas in which you have accumulations of excess fat.  Cellulaze, although made by the same company (Cynosure), and uses one of the same laser wavelengths of light employed by Smartlipo, is a technique that is specifically designed to  treat cellulite -- the dimples and "orange peel" or "cottage cheese" appearance that can occur especially on the buttocks and thighs.  The Cellulaze technique is not designed to be used for treating large accumulations of excess fat.  The two techniques can be used during the same operation, but Smartlipo should be used to help reduce the excess fat and Cellulaze can be used to treat the skin contour irregularities that characterize cellulite.  From the appearance of your photos, I would advise reduction of the excess fat first, then Cellulaze if the cellulite persists.

Robert H. Gotkin, MD

Smart Lipo vs. Celluaze

+2

Thank you for your question regarding whether Cellulaze or SmartLipo will help you achieve your goals for trimmer, smoother thighs.  Although your photos are helpful, a consultation with a  board-certified plastic surgeon who offers both of these treatments and can evaluate you in person will be necessary to help you determine which procedure will benefit you the most.  They are two separate procedures, and can both be of help in smoothing and trimming the thighs.  SmartLipo may offer some tightening in addition to trimming the thighs by removing fat, but the laser fiber used for Cellulaze is closer to the surface and is the more effective for dealing with the cellulite. The fact that you are young and in good shape should both be beneficial in receiving optimal results. Great skin elasticity is of significant benefit for all body contouring procedures.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Contour problems and cellulite

+2

Like a of of fit women, there are genetic influences that have left you with fatty bulges as well as cellulite in your thighs. In viewing your photos, there appears to be distinct contour deformities in your thighs. I would consider liposuction to remove these bulges first and then decide if Cellulaze is necessary for your celllulite. Liposuction is not specifically designed to remove cellulite as it does not cut the bands and thicken the skin. (See Cellulaze, by Cynosure). You may be happy enough, though, from the liposuction, that you won't want to treat the cellulite.My experience is that liposuction will not worsen your cellulite.  As a surgeon who has experience with Cellulaze and Smart Lipo, I think that some surgeons may eventually do both simultaneously, but this isn't routinely done at this time. Newer technologies such as this have the potential advantage of better skin tightening over traditional technologies. Choose an experienced, board certified Plastic Surgeon who sees you personally in consultation. 

David R. Stephens, MD

Cellulaze to take away the cellulite

+1
Thank you for posting a picture. It depends on what you want to achieve, Smartlipo will remove fat from the area and Cellulaze will smooth the area over. Consult with your surgeon to decide which procedure is best for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smart Lipo vs Cellulaze

+1

I would recommend Cellulaze over Smart Lipo. Although Smart Lipo has been widely purported to tighten the skin, many plastic surgeons share my opinion that it is not much different from other forms of traditional liposuction. In fact, these problems may be worsened by this procedure and may be best addressed by other surgeries such as a leg or body lift (e.g. tummy tuck) to improve your appearance if appropriate (loose skin). Cellulze, on the other hand is proven to show better results even after just one session. The outcome lasts one year or longer, but you may need followup sessions depending on the results.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Fat

+1

You may want to do both. The laser treatment  for cellulite seems to be working but, it doesn't remove much fat. On the other hand, laser lipo is great for fat but, can make the appearance of cellulite worse. Judging by your pictures I would deal with the cellulite.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD