Can Smart Lipo Help Define Figure?

I am considering Smart Lipo. I am in good shape, but when I lose additional weight, my breasts and butt gets smaller, instead of my stomach and thighs.

When I drop a few pounds I begin losing my womanly figure. I am interested in Smart Lipo to remove the stubborn pockets of fat. Specifically, in the abdomen, and lower back to define the waist and in the inner thigh.

Smart Lipo Smart Surgeon

+2

Sounds like you have some trouble areas that would benefit from liposuction surgery. Just remember that it is not the instrument but who holds the instrument that does the surgery. So you need to find someone that is qualified and has nice results, not find someone that does smart lipo.

You will find that most surgeons that advertise and use smartlipo are not board certified plastic surgeons. So beware and stay away. Find yourself a board certified plastic surgeon that has nice results and outcomes.

Good luck.

Smart Lipo to definbe a figure?

+1

Smart Lipo or even liposculpture may be the answer to your concerns.  The stubborn fat that you describe is common.  The most important factor in assessing a candidate for Liposuction irrespective of whether it is traditional liposuction, liposculpture or smart Lipo is the quality of the skin.  If skin quality is not good, then removing fat will leave skin flabby and unattractive.  However, if the skin quality is good, and the fat is minimal, then smart Lipo may be an alternative to traditional liposuction.  In the end, the most important thing is that you achieve the result that you have always wanted. The right procedure to achieve this result is a combination of a proper physical examination, good communication and an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Smartlipo followed by Vaser Shape can Help define Figure

+1

Body contouring is the goal of SmartLipo liposuction where there will be permanent fat removal and skin tightening. We have found additional Vaser Shape therapy subsequent to SmartLipo will further achieve better body contouring and facilitate resolution of normal localized hardness experienced during a typical Smartlipo post-op recovery process.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon

SmartLipo for body contouring

+1

in any given figure there are usually pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise, esp in a female. SmartLipo or Tumescent Liposuction is a great way to smooth out those stubborn pockets of fat without much of a downtime. it is very important to know that u must maintain your body weight after the procedure. if you gain weight u will gain it more so in the areas where the procedure was not performed.

Misbah Khan, MD

Slim Lipo and Smart Lipo can help contour your figure

+1

Slim Lipo and Smart Lipo are devices that can help contour your figure in those stubborn pockets of fat.  These technologies tend to have an advantage over traditional liposuction in that they can provide some skin tightening as well as fat reduction.  Good luck!

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Smart Lipo and figure

+1

Smart L ipo or for that matter any liposuction can improve the contour of your figure. Yes, you are correct as you lose weight you may notice in areas that you do not want to lose it in such as the breasts and your butt.

SmartLipo, ProLipo and SlimLipo laser liposuction

+1

As you know, liposuction is NOT a cure for obesity regardless if it is performed under tumescent infiltration with either
- regular (SAL)
- power assisted (PAL),
- ultrasound assisted (UAL - VASER Liposelection) or
- by heating the fat with a laser fiber at certain light wavelengths (ProLipo, SlimLipo, SmartLipo).

The SUPPOSED advantage, yet to be scientifically proven, of laser liposuction is that it can heat the fat cells and skin JUST SHORT of damaging / burning the skin to bring about some skin shrinkage. In people with minimal pockets of fat, laser lipo MAY be beneficial. But if there is a lot of fat to be removed, I would opt for VASER liposelection.

Smart Lipo for body contouring

+1

Your story is very common and usually makes for the best liposuction candidates. With regard to Smart Lipo, I prefer this technology for small discrete pockets of fat such as the chin and arms. Larger areas such as the abdomen, flanks, thighs are better treated with traditional liposuction techniques such as power-assisted liposuction. SmartLipo is very time consuming as you first have to use the laser and then use a second cannula to remove the liquified fat.

Because of these two steps, the length of time required in the OR is significantly increased thus increasing the complication rate as well as the financial cost to the patient. In addition, the end-results are the same when you compare SmartLipo to traditional liposuction. The only difference may be that the down-time may be a bit shorter with SmartLipo, but this is more true for the smaller areas (i.e. chin/arms).

Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Elan B. Singer, MD

Laser lipolysis and diet resistant pockets of fat.

+1

Of course this can be used to reduce or diminish these diet resistant pockets of fat. However, I do not beleive that the laser lipolysis is any better than traditional liposuction. It is my belief you can achieve comparable results with other technology.