Smart Lipo from a Facial Plastic Surgeon?

I am interested in Smart Lipo, but from reading this website, I found that you should find a plastic surgeon who performs both Smart Lipo and use the Tumescent Liposuction method. The physician I found where the before and after pictures are most impressive is a facial plastic surgeon. Should I consider surgery with this doctor?

Be careful about who you see for liposuction

+2

MSBRUNSON,

Please be careful about who you see for liposuction. Facial plastic surgeons are ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) surgeons who have done some extra training in facial plastic surgery. Plastic Surgeons have had extensive training in plastic surgery, including liposuction.

Smartlipo is a new technology which uses lasers to melt the fat and tighten the skin. After the laser treatment is performed, traditional cannulas are used to perform liposuction to remove the fat cells.

There is no regulation on who the companies sell the Smartlipo machines to, so it is really important that your research the surgeon or doctor who is offering Smartlipo. Looking at before and after pictures is good, but all talk to other patients, look them up on the internet, and meet with the doctor in consultation.

Make sure that you feel very comfortable with the surgeon before undergoing surgery. I hope this is helpful.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Training is the key issue

+1

One the most important things to look for is the proper training. If your facial plastic surgeon had training in body contouring techniques, he will be able to help you.

Performing a surgical technique is just one factor ,it is very important to know how to avoid complications and if they occur how to treat them.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/smart-lipo/

Smart Lipo

+1

Smart lipo is not a procedure that I really like. I think it is more hype than anything else.  If it is for lipo of the neck I am sure that is fine, but remember a facial plastic surgeon was not trained to do liposuction of the body when that person went through their residency.

Facial Plastic Surgeon = Face

+1

A facial plastic surgeon is trained to do facial plastic surgery. A general plastic suregon is trained to do it all. In my practice I am a trained and board certified plastic surgeon and I limit my practice to only body work. My partnert is a facial plastic surgeon and he does all the facial work. He is the exper there and I am the expert in the body.

The pictures shown on sites are easily altered and can be selected as the best results so I would never chose a plastic surgeon on that basis. As a general statement let the facial guy do what he was trained to do, the face.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon