How About Smart Lipo for Ovarian Cancer Survivors?

I was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer in 2008. I have been without treatment for 2 years. They only watch my CA125. If it continues on an upward trend they will "zap" me with taxol until it regulates. I want to have some smart lipo on my love handles and thighs (I think I am the only cancer patient in history who gained weight in treatment rather that loose it :-)) Is it safe for me to do this procedure??

Lipo and cancer

+2

I think that this is a question to ask your oncologist.  If you are "out of the woods" and are in remission, it may be OK.

Smartlipo After Ovarian Cancer Treatment

+1

I could see no reason, based on your description, why you could not have liposuction of your abdomen and thighs. As long as your oncologist hascleared you and you have not had radiation to these areas, you should do fine. Glad to hear that you are doing so well!

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Cancer

+1

You need to clear this with your oncologist. However  I see no issues unless you have surgical scars which makes the procedure a little harder for you surgeon. Ounds like you are doing well It is a great procedure!

David A. Bray, Sr., MD