Is Smart Lipo FDA Approved for Skin Tightening?

I know that Smart Lipo (not Smart Lipo MPX) has been FDA-approved for certain things. Has it actually been FDA approved for skin tightening?

Smart Liposuction FDA

+3

FDA has approved the use of "a 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser system for the surgical incision, excision, vaporization, ablation, and coagulation of all soft tissues and for lipolysis". That is all. FDA does not endorse this product and has not mentioned any benefit of this method of liposuction as compared to other methods of liposuction.

I wouldn't do it if the only thing you are hoping for is skin tightening

+2

SmartLipo is useful for removing fat, but if you are truly looking for only skin tightening it won't be all that impressive.  There are many other options for this that work better, are less expensive and less recovery. 

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist