Will Fat Come Back After Smart Lipo?

I'm considering getting a Smart Lipo done on my abdomen, muffin top and bra roll area. My question is: does the fat return after you gain weight?

Fat return after lipo?

+1

Smart Lipo or even regular Liposuction will be safe in your situation. Please understand that any Lipo suction reduces the number of fat cells but during times of weight gain each fat cell can grow to twice or even 3 times its size. Also any liposuction result is based on your starting skin quality.

Does fat return after Slim Lipo or Smart Lipo

+1

Fat cells are destroyed (melted) and removed during your Slim Lipo or Smart Lipo procedure.  These cells do not come back.  Your remaining cells do have the ability to enlarge and hence give you the appearance that some of the fat in the liposuction areas have "returned".  So what does this mean?  If you are making an investment in a procedure like Slim Lipo or Smart Lipo, consider the stability of your weight and your confidence in your diet/activity/exercise routine.  This is one reason plastic surgeons like to ensure that you have been relatively stable at your current weight before embarking on a body contouring procedure.  Six months is a reasonable guide to this.  If I encounter someone who is actively gaining or losing weight, I will still go through the various surgical options, but will ask that they return to make sure that we have achieved a stable weight before proceeding with the surgery.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Fat return after smart lipo...

+1

If you are thinking about having a procedure to remove excess fat, Smartlipo is an excellent option.  It works best for small areas and can sometimes be done under local anesthesia.  The fat that is removed is permanently removed.  However, if you do not maintain a healthy diet or work out regularly, the fat cells that are still present can enlarge, making it look like the fat has returned.  Smartlipo when combined with a healthy lifestyle can produce wonderful results.  Be sure to discuss your feelings with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Shain A. Cuber, MD
Edison Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and fat

+1

Fat removed from liposuction will not come back.  However, if you do gain weight, you may notice some increase in size of the areas that were treated.

Fat is permanently removed by liposuction

+1

Hello

Although fat is permanently removed by liposuction or Smarlipo not ALL fat is removed. So if you put on a lot of weight, fat will return everywhere including previously liposuctioned areas. However, the degree of return is less in the areas where fat has already been removed. Liposuction is not a diet method and it works best when you are at a stable weight and not likely to put on weight after surgery.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon