Can Smart Lipo to Reduce Fat Nasal Tip?

I was advised by my doctor, that my fleshly nasal tip can be reduced by using Liposuction. He says he will use a new technology called Smart Lipo. Is it possible and safe?

You have to be kidding - please!

+3

Whomever you went to that proposed that treatment for your nasal tip is obviously not a real doctor let alone a plastic surgeon.  You need a rhinoplasty, not liposuction to your nose!!!!!!!

Liposuction should never be used in the nose.

+2

HI.  You need to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  There are links to plastic surgery societies on my web site

There is NO role for any kind of liposuction in the nose.

SmartLipo is just a gimmick.  I don't know a single experienced board certified plastic surgeon in NYC who uses SmartLipo.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Let me be blunt here

+2

If you do not want you nasal tip to die, do not have "smart" lipo performed on it.  The laser may damage the blood supply to the tip of the nose, and there is not a lot of fat. See a qualified, board certified plastic surgeon.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

No!

+1

See an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to see if anything further can be done to thin the nose without causing a worse problem such as pinching, etc.

Liposuction if nasal tip is not commonly performed nor recommended.

+1

This would be an extremely innovative use of laser lipolysis for which there is very limited experience in out literature.

Although it may work, I would not recommend it to my patients due to concerns with possible vascular compromise of the nasal tip skin.

I would advise against it.

+1

I have never heard of liposuction of the nasal tip, much less laser liposuction.  There is more risk than any benefit that I could imagine and I would advise against it.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

I wouldn't advise it.

+1

Using a laser to reduce nasal tip fat sounds risky to me. I have used the Smart Lipo unit (more last year than this year) and it is OK, but hyped big time as far as I am concerned. I don't like the idea of that laser near your nasal cartilage.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

I have never heard or seen SmartLipo used in this method and it sounds concerning to me

+1

While SmartLipo is safe and effective on many areas of the body, the space and bony considerations on this area would make me queasy to suggest you even consider this.

The nose is a very delicate area and if the laser were to harm the cartilage you could end up with a serious deformity. While it is possible that with time this technique will be perfected, the state of the art hasn't gotten to the point where this is commonplace or fully explored. I'd take a pass if I were you....

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist