Extreme Pain Normal 4 Days After Smart Lipo?

I have extreme pain around my waist and it hurts mostly on my back. I had waist and outer thighs done with Smart Lipo 4 days ago. The other areas are easing in pain but the waist pain is just as much as it was the first day. Is this normal?

Lots of factors affect post-op pain after laser lipo

+1

There are numerous factors whic affect pain levels after any surgical procedure, including laser liposuction. These include surgical technique as well as individual patient pain tolerance. Most specifically, I have noticed much less post-operative pain in patients who have tumescent liposuction with laser in the office rather than general. I feel that this is most likely related to the smaller volumes removed as well as the larger volume of tumescent solution used when the procedure is done under local. It is best to discuss any issues of sever pain with your operating surgeon to rule out any serious complications.

Pain after Smart Lipo

+1

Although it is most likely normal and a consequence of returning nerve recovery, there are some other serious causes of pain that should be evaluated by a physician before I could provide you with any specific reassurances.

No

+1

You need to see your doctor to examine you. Pain after  days is not normal. Make sure that you have a examination by a board certified plastic surgeon. There is a small risk of infection .

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon