Is Smart Lipo Effective for the Lumpy Area That Forms at the Site of Repeated Insulin Injections?

I am a type one diabetic and looking into getting smart lipo on my lower abdomen. I have 2 lumps there from repeated insulin injections over the years. Will smart lipo be able to remove them?

SmartLipo

+1

I have treated patients with insulin dependent diabetes using tumescent assisted liposuction and Smartlipo. the lumps that these patients get are mostly scars and mild to moderate loss of fat in the localized area. if the lumps are tender and they hurt I wouldnt attempt to treat them. these lumps get beter with SmartLipo in my experience. they may require a cortisone shot after the patient has completely healed to make them softer if they still exist.

Not a good idea to do liposuction in a diabetic

+1

If you are a diabetic and if you already have issues with your fat around that area, this is sounding like a very bad idea.  Generally speaking, I don't perform liposuction on diabetics unless they are very mild and even then I am not thrilled at the idea.  In your case, it sounds like you have some issues already with the fat, so this wouldn't be a good idea.  Additionally, it could make your insulin administration a bit tougher and could result in poor absorption in areas that have become fibrotic after liposuction.  Sorry, but this just sounds like it is better avoided in your case.

Omaha Dermatologist

Insulin injection sites

+1

More information would be needed regarding the lumps you have from insulin injections.  This could be fat necrosis from the injections.