Smartlipo Revision Recommendation: Bay Area Doctor

I wanted to have my saddlebags removed, but was otherwise happy with my body. My surgeon was overly aggressive with the Smart Lipo though, and left me with a sagging bottom (more on one side than the other) and large indent-like holes at each hip joint, as well as uneven looking thighs. I look strange and am embarressed to wear the tight work-out clothes now...let alone a swimsuit! My self-esteem is worse, not better now! What can I do? Does anyone know a doctor I can see to fix this? I live in the Bay Area.

Post Smart Lipo dissatisfaction

+2

A lot of physicians and patients would blame the SmartLipo for the results, but the laser is just a tool that the surgeon uses to accomplish his procedure in the best manner he/she knows how. There are many physicians using SmartLipo who are not trained in body contouring. Board Certified Plastic Surgeons are trained in all aspects of body contouring, including surgery, liposuction, ultrasonic lipo, tumescent lipo, and many in laser assisted liposculpture (SmartLipo, Cool Lipo, Pro Lipo, etc.). Being board certified does not mean that problems or complications cannot arise, but they are usually less frequent and not as severe AND the plastic surgeon should know what he can do to address the undesired result. I would recommend that you visit with a plastic surgeon and don't be afraid to ask questions - What is your experience with body contouring? How many have you done? Are you board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? (There are other "boards" out there that are not recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties) Can I see pictures of people you have performed the procedures on? Have you experience this problem? How have you addressed it? How much improvement can I expect with a "revision" or "touch-up-up"? etc. You have a complicated problem and your surgeon needs to know what your goals are, what your medical history is (especially with large weight gains/losses), even your lifestyle. Plastic surgeons are also usually well versed in the psychological aspects of body image and can help you to deal with your problem and it's resolution.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon