Is Smart Lipo Safe for Diabetics?

Hi. I am considering having Smart Lipo on my lower stomach I am 5'8" and 135 pounds.

I am in good health I exercise and eat right but I have Type one diabetes. My last A1C was a 5.3. Would I be able to have Smart Lipo?

Smart Lipo is safe for diabetics

+1

Yes, I have done many diabetics with the Smart Lipo. You will need a full pre-operative clearance prior to the operation, however.

Regards from Miami

SmartLipo in Type 1 Diabetics

+1

It depends just how safe you want to be. Type 1 diabetics have a higher risk of infections and other complications than non-diabetics.

In SmartLipo, The idea is to use heat to shrink the skin. The collateral damage may be the blood supply to the skin. In SmartLipo, the area under the skin (fat, nerves, blood vessels) is literally cooked by the 1064 nm heat of the SmartLipo laser fiber and the resulting "soup" is then evacuated with liposuction. In other forms of liposuction, even VASER, there is much less heating and destruction and more preservation of blood vessels and lymphatics.

If you are intent on having Liposuction, I would NOT be having SmartLipo but would pick another modality which will not further compromise what may be a compromised vascular situation in your tummy skin.

Dr. P. Aldea