Smart Lipo Consultation, Procedure, and Recovery

I am considering Smart Lipo for my abdomen, hips, and buttocks. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I'm planning to visit California for 3-4 week in July 09. Would that be enough time for consultation, procedure, and recovery? Thank you.

Three to Four weeks should be fine

+1

Traveling to have plastic surgery must be carefully planned and your surgeon carefully chosen. Ideally, you would have a surgeon in your immediate area, but if you travel make sure you are with a board-certified plastic surgeon. You can do a consult online and submit photos online to see if you are a good candidate. Bring someone with you who can be your caretaker. Have a backup plan if there are any complications and make sure you know those ahead of time. Best of luck.

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Stay in your area for traditional liposuction

+1

It amazes me that people still haven't gotten the message that Smart lipo is no better than traditional lipo in experienced hands. Also, many practitioners of Smart lipo aren't even trained plastic surgeons. Finally, traveling for surgery is a bad idea because if you have any issues after, nobody in your area is going to want to see you and you will have to go back to the surgeon you went to.

The best plan is to find an experienced plastic surgeon near you and have traditional lipo done in the proximity of home.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS