How Long Will It Take to Completely Heal from Smart Lipo?

I am a 51 year old woman. Last August, I had Smart Lipo on my jowl and chin area. I was told that healing should take 4 months, but here, we are 8 months on and I still have a shadow on my jaw and a line above the shadow.

I’ve been having laser treatment to try to reduce the line, and think it has helped a bit. I am now told that it can take up to 18 months for complete healing. Is this true? I used to be embarrassed by my jowls now I am embarrassed by the line and bruising.

Smartlipo healing

+2

By 6 months to a year, the results of any form of lipo should be apparent. If the results are not what you are looking for, then I suggest you get a 2nd opinion.