Uneven 2 Years After Smart Lipo on Chin

I have smart lipo to my chin area 2yrs ago and got burns on both entry areas that had to be debrided and left scars and dents. Now I look like I have jowels forming around and an uneven jaw line. I've tried filler. Are there any other suggestions

Uneven Jawline After Smartlipo

+4

It is unfortunate that complicatoins of liposuction occur, but it does happen to patients regardless of the experience and skill of your surgeon. Revision liposuction is difficult and should be undertaken by the most experienced surgeons. I would recommend traditional liposuction (no laser) and fat grafting by the most experienced liposuction surgeon in your area. The fat removed from the areas of excess can be used as a filler in the areas of indentation. It may take more than one procedure to correct the problems you have described.

Burley Facial Plastic Surgeon

Uneven Scar Holes 2 Years After Smart Lipo on Chin

+2

Sorry you had "NOT-so SmartLipo" to the chin. Somehow passing an extremely hot fiber rod under the skin which cooks fat, blood vessels, nerves and skin will take a toll with more serious consequences in some. Without a photograph, it is impossible to advise you. I would guess that the underlying scar tissue has to be completely released just before placement of either man-made Filler (Restylane, Perlane) or fat to prevent the scar induced dimpling from recurring.

Dr. Peter A Aldea

Burn after Smartlipo

+2

Hello megan123

I am sorry you had the burns during your Smartlipo and that they  needed debridement.  Without a photo it is very hard to give any advice. Would you be able to post one?

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Scar revision after SmartLipo complication

+1

You should be seen by a plastic surgeon or dermatologic surgeon in consultation to have the scars you mention examined in-person.  Possibly subcision, to lift the scar can be done prior to further filling? The texture of the skin and the atrophy of the surrounding skin should be investigated which is difficult with photographs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/liposuction/index.html

Defects after smartlipo of the chin area may require minimally invasive reconstructive surgery.

+1

Defects after smartlipo of the chin area may require minimally invasive reconstructive surgery. Consulting a facial plastic surgeon would be wise.

Chicago Dermatologist

Jawling and smartlipo

+1

Because of the energy involved with smartlipo, it is possible to get a burn. As  for your issues and appearacne, a full exam in person would be necessary to appraciate what could or could not be done to improve it.