Swelling and Numbness After Chin and Neck Smart Lipo

I just had Smart Lipo done on my chin/neck area three days ago. I am still a bit swollen and numb. Is this normal? Can I get away without wearing the compression garment? It's so uncomfortable.

Swelling after Smart Lipo

+1

What you are experiencing is completely normal. All smartlipo patients have some level of post operative edema (swelling) which creates the hard and lumpy feeling and appearance. There are treatments out there that will speed your up your healing process.

We recommend Reiki to our patients, pre and post surgery. This prepares tissue for surgery, alleviates swelling, stimulates the immune system and post operatively will reduce discomfort, bruising, stimulate fluid circulate. We ask our patients to wear the compression garment for at least 3 days / 24 hours a day. You will heal on your own over time just as your doctor told you. You just had surgery. Your body will take time to heal, reattach your skin and remodel to your new appearance.