Smart Lipo for Cellulite - Does It Work?

I want to get rid of my saddlebags and am wondering if Smart Lipo works on cellulite...thanx.

Laser Lipo Excellent for Saddlebags But Not For Cellulite

+2

Thank you for your important question. Laser Liposuction is very effective for removing Saddlebags-also called Steatopygia.

However Cellulite is a different type of problem and requires release or subcision of fibrous bands under the skin that pull the Cellulite "dimples " downward.

There is a procedure called Cellulaze that has been used specifically for Cellulite.

However I expect you will be happy with the Laser lipo treatment of the "saddle bags"

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1
Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, I would not suggest Smart Lipo for cellulite. Instead, I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

SmartLipo for fat removal - Cellulaze better option for cellulite

+1

SmartLipo has the advantage over traditional liposuction in that it also helps with skin tightening.  It will help with your saddlebags but it's important to know that liposuction can actually make cellulite look worse in some cases.  Cellulite is a complex problem for which there has not been an adequate long-term solution.  There are many noninvasive options which can help with cellulite but they are temporary and have to be done on a constant and regular basis to maintain the results.  Cynosure's Cellulaze is the first device approved in 2012 by the FDA as a one-time treatment for cellulite.  It is a minimally invasive procedure that can greatly improve the appearance of cellulite with one procedure and the clinical data so far has shown the results to last more than 1-2 years and even 3 years, and is showing promise to be the first long-lasting solution to cellulite.

M. Christine Lee, MD
Walnut Creek Dermatologic Surgeon

Smart Lipo for Cellulite

+1

Smart Lipo, like any other form of laser liposuction, has as its sole purpose -- the tightening skin. In that sense, it can be used to tighten skin with cellulite. However, there are simpler laser like devices that can also tighten the skin with cellulite. Also you should note that no treatment of cellulite is permanent. A series of treatments is required and then one should expect to go back to their physician for further treatment approximately once a year.

David Goldberg, MD

Opt for VelaSmooth if cellulite is the problem

+1

If cellulite is the problem then you can receive treatment for that condition. The two devices I know that can work are the VelaSmooth and SmoothShapes machines. The former device is a bit more technique sensitive. I completed 6 month follow up studies after 8 treatments for both devices. The results looked good. If you are looking for more of a contour change, then the invasive technologies would be the preferred pathway. Someday soon, there maybe non-invasive methods to reduce contour -- but not yet!

Michael Kulick, MD