Can Smart Lipo Be a Cause of Umbilical Hernia?

I had smart lipo 6 months ago I never felt rite after that... I didn't gain weight and I even worked out in pool . Swimming everyday.. I noticed my stomach growing instead of getting smaller.. We are now in November , and I find out I have an umbilical hernia that is somewhat strangulated.. Could smart lipo be the reason? I am so upset that I now have to have surgery to fix this. I'm worried they may have to cut my stomach. I did have a tummy tuck 8 yrs ago and will feel devastated .

The Laser lipo may have thinned the area so the hernia is more noticeable than before the operation. Best to have corrective hernia surgery. 

Umbilical hernia not related to the laser lipo

You may have developed new hernia or it may  have been there and now more noticeable post liposuction.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Six months post op

I think it is highly unlikely that your smart lipo create your hernia. Much moe likely to be related to your tummy tuck or just a natural happening

David A. Bray, Sr., MD