Can Smart Lipo Be Used on the Neck Area?

Can Smart lipo be used on the neck area? Since it is a small area do you still recommend removing the contents with suction?

SmartLipo can be used in the neck

+3

SmartLipo or any of the other lipo lasers can be used in the neck. These are safe procedures done in the office with local anesthesia. The advantage of using the laser versus standard liposuction is the heating of the skin from the laser energy, which should produce more skin tightening than can be achieved with liposuction. To date, there has not been any real science behind the claims of skin tightening with the lasers, only anecdotes. Nevertheless, these 'lunchtime lipo' procedures are becoming very popular because of their in office and minimal/no downtime nature. I had my partner do my neck, and I was out to dinner the next night. I do suction after neck laser lipo, I feel I get better results compared to when I was not suctioning.

Harrisburg Facial Plastic Surgeon

Laser assisted lipolysis

+3

The use of laser assisted lipolysis is new and has generated much enthusiasm. However, the long term effects of this modality are unknown and its true benefits have been touted but unproven.

Yes, laser assisted lipolysis is one method of destroying fat cells, and due to its small caliber size, may be appropriate for use in the neck area. However, the advantages over traditional techniques has yet to be demonstrated.

Neck Smart Lipo is safe

+2

Smart Lipo to the neck is safe and effective. We even use it on patients with little fullness in their necks, as the laser will assist in skin tightening. If anything it has expanded the range of candidates who are eligible for stand alone liposuction to the neck. Traditional (non laser assisted) liposuction to the neck is dependent on the patient having good skin elasticity, so that the skin can recoil back after the fat is removed. We now can perform this on appropriate older patients that were not candidates for the traditional procedure.

Edmon Pierre Khoury, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo

+1

Suction should be used, and Smart Lipo is very good on the neck area.  Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for this delicate procedure.

Sonia Badreshia-Bansal, MD
Bay Area Dermatologist

Smart Lipo can be used in the neck but should it?

+1

Smart Lipo can be used in the neck but should it? As of yet, there are no medical studies looking at smart lipo versus conventional liposuction in neck rejuvenation. Given the added cost of smart lipo, I opt for traditional liposuction in appropriate patients.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smart Lipo for the neck area

+1

I'll echo Dr. Wallach who said that Smart Lipo, as well as any lipo, can be performed on the neck. In my experience I have seen very nice results with this. Having a consultation with a surgeon would be best in order to determine which method will get you the best results.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Laser assisted lipo

+1

I always recommend removing the destroyed fat whether or not a laser is involved. Smart lipo and most other forms of lipo can be used effectively in the neck.

Best Regards.

John P. Di Saia, MD
Orange Plastic Surgeon

I would avoid Smart Lipo for chin and neck liposuction.

+1

Hi!

I think Smart Lipo is just a marketing thing, and the experienced board certified plastic surgeons that I know in Manhattan do not use it.

Regular liposuction is so safe and effective, particularly for liposuction of the neck and chin.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

For sure

+1

Smart Lipo can be used. You can also have ultrasonic liposuction or tumescent liposuction. As you can see, there are many ways to reduce the fat in the neck. A great deal depends on the elasticity of your skin as it relates to your long term happiness/treatment success. 

Michael Kulick, MD

Smartlipo on the neck

+1

Smartlipo, or for that matter, any lipo can be performed on the neck. I would seek out a good surgeon to perform the procedure.  

Good luck.