Smart Lipo Bruising

I had Smart Lipo done on 2/12/09 and had a great deal of bruising. I know this obviously varies from patient to patient, but I had some dark, large bruising on my hips, flanks, and around my belly button. My entire belly area was a yellow tint from day one. What exactly causes the bruising and why is it drastically different for everyone?

Bruising after liposuction

+1
Bruising and swelling are common after liposuction and tend to subside within about 2-3 weeks, although it can take longer. Liposuction is a surgical procedure that causes trauma to the body, and everyone responds differently to trauma. Some people may bruise more easily in general and that's probably why you have so much as well. It also depends on your surgeon. Sometimes, a more aggressive technique will result in more bruising.