Smartlipo Arms

I am interested in Smart Lipo around my arms and armpit fat. I want to take 2 inches off of each arm and get rid of that fatty skin by my armpit. How much would this cost and does it leave scarring?

Smart Lipo of Arms...

+3

Smart lipostuction is an excellent procedure for your upper arms.  Smartlipo is meant for smaller areas of the body that need contouring so I can't say you can just take off 2 inches without examining you, but you should have a great improvement.  You will have no scarring with this procedure.  Smart lipo usually ranges anywhere from $3,500 and up, depending on the areas.  To get a full price and specific details be sure to discuss your options with your plastic surgeon.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

Lipo for arms

+2

Liposuction for removal of fat in the upper arms is possible, but the amount of skin tightening in this area is limited. It all depends on how much fat vs. skin excess there is along with the quality of the skin. Your question is difficult to answer since a physical exam is really the only way to know for sure if you're a candidate for liposuction alone. The danger here is that if you have significant skin laxity and you only perform liposuction, you'll have smaller arms since fat will have been removed, but the skin laxity will likely get worse. The scarring with liposuction alone in this area is minimal. I usually use one small incision at the elbow (approximately 1/4 inch) which leaves a very small scar. Brachioplasty (the surgery that removes excess skin in the arms) is the only way to treat significant skin laxity, but this does leave a rather large scar. As far as price goes, in the NY area the total cost to the patient for liposuction alone is probably $4000-6000. Your best bet is to find a board-certified plastic surgeon and go in for a consultation. Good luck!

Dr. Singer

Elan B. Singer, MD

SmartLipo Results for Arms

+1

Thank you for your question.  Firstly, it's important to keep in mind that there is no guarantee for the amount of fat removed during a liposuction procedure.  Discussing things in terms of inches and sizes can lead to unrealistic expectations, which can ultimately lead to dissatisfaction with your results.  It's very important to have a frank discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon regarding your aesthetic goals. 

Pricing for most SmartLipo procedures typically starts at around $3500 depending on the area and the amount of time involved for the doctor.  There will be scars, however, the benefit to SmartLipo is that they are very minimal.  Because the instruments used during this procedure are very fine, your doctor will be making very small incisions.  Scar placement is one of the things that will be discussed during your consultation with your surgeon.  Best of luck to you. 

Mytien Goldberg, MD