Severe Swelling After Smart Lipo for Ankles?

I had Smart Lipo to the ankles at the start of May. They removed about 1 litre of fat and I was pleased with initial results. Since then I have had problems with severe swelling (although it has improved quite a lot), the swelling increases when I stand or sit at my desk for a long time. It also causes pits when I press on it. Is this normal and how long will it last?

Severe swelling in ankles after Smart Lipo

+1

Everything you describe is normal. Liposuciton in this area of the body takes a long time to normalize. Make sure you see your surgeon frequently, but don't be overly concerned about swelling which can last several months following liposuction of the ankles. Good luck!