How Long After Pregnancy Should I Wait to Have Smart Lipo Done?

I gave birth to my first baby 2 1/2 months ago via C-Section, and I want to get rid of love handles. Is it too soon for me to get Smart Lipo yet?

Lipo after Pregnancy

+1

We’d like for you to wait at least 6 months after child birth. Your body still has a lot of recovering to do. Don’t worry, those few months will fly by with a newborn.

Liposuction after pregnancy

+1

Hi Janett-

You need to wait! 2.5 months after pregnancy is way too soon to start thinking about cosmetic surgery. Your body still has significant extra water weight that you will lose with time. I have women wait at least 6 months following pregnancy before even considering a body contouring procedure. There's no rush--if you wait a bit longer, you're postoperative result will be that much better. Good luck!

Elan B. Singer, MD