Smart Lipo 8 Years After Mini Tummy-tuck

Is it safe to undergo Smart Lipo eight years after a mini-tummy tuck? The fat seems to be deeper on the surface area than before. I'm 54 years old, 5'3, 145 lbs. Would a full-blown tummy tuck be better intead?

Smartlipo is great for the extra fat.

+2

Artsymom,

It all really depends on your anatomy. Since you have already had a mini-tummy tuck (mini-abdominoplasty) then all you may need is Smartlipo which can tighten the skin and reduce the extra fat. You could also undergo traditional liposuction to remove the fat. If you have excess skin, then you many need a secondary abdominoplasty. If you post a picture, we may be able to give you more specific advice. Good luck with your procedures.

Safety

+1

How do you like your mini-tummy tuck? Scarring from the tummy tuck makes the procedure a little harder to do but, we get very good results. The choice between smart lipo and a complete tummy tuck is something that needs to be determined on physicl exam

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Is smart lipo really smart?

+1

Smart lipo is being pushed by laser companies and physicians who spend close to $100,000 for the device.

I am seeing more and more disasters from smart lipo come to my office for a second opinion. It is a promising technology, but not all the kinks have been worked out. a uniform safe standard of therapy is not yet widely shared so some practitioners can over do it. Check out the link below.

Check out the video on small cannula lipo versus smart lipo and ultrasonic lipo.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Smart Lipo would be great

+1

This isn’t a problem at all. SmartLipo will remove any remaining or additional fat in that area and of course the laser will help to tighten the skin even more.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Smartlipo and mini-tummy tuck

+1

Smartlipo or for that matter, any liposuction is perfectly safe years after a mini-tummy tuck. In fact, they can be done at the same time.

Smart lipo is safe 8 years after Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

Yes it is safe to do any type of liposuction 8 years after Mini tummy tuck.

I do not believe there is enough evidence to say Smart lipo will tighten the skin.

If you are a candidate for liposuction only then do liposuction if on the other hand you have excess skin and fat then you may need a Tummy Tuck with or without liposuction. That is a decision you make with your Plastic surgeon