Appropriate Activity Level After Smart Lipo?

I had Smart Lipo just 6 days ago and I have had to be very active at work, I'm a Pet Groomer, can I be too active ? Is there a possiblity of affecting my results in any adverse way?

Activity after Smart Lipo

+1

We tell our patients they can go about their everyday activity but not to exercise for the first week. If your job requires lifting, take it easy. Just don’t overdue it. It will not hurt your end result but just ease yourself into your old routine.

Return to activity after Smart Lipo

+1

Everyone is different. My general rule is that if you notice tenderness or swelling soon after the activity, it is too soon to resume it.

Patients that have small areas done can resume all activities with in a few days. Patients that have had, let's say abdominal skin treated mainly to tighten it should not do anything that results in swelling. It simply stretches the skin back out and in-essence un-doing the whole goal of the surgery. Go slow and you can't go wrong.

Douglas Hendricks, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon