Advice on Smart Lipo Pros and Cons?

I am considering Smart Lipo for my abdomen and inner/outer thighs. I am nervous about whether this procedure is safe and produces the expected results of immediate inch loss to these regions. I have had a consult with one doctor, but left feeling insecure about the pros and cons. I am 5'3" and 47 years old at my high weight level of 135 lbs. I am an active person who excercises regularly and most times, eats well.

SmartLipo liposuction is very dffective

+1

In my extensive experience with SmartLipo, I have found it to be very effective in treating most areas, including the abdomen and inner/outer thighs.  As to the result which could be expected in your particular case, an in person consultation would be the best way to evaluate how effective SmartLipo can be for you.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Tumescent liposuction has the best track record.

+1

Hi.

You sound like some one who will be helped by liposuction.  This is controversial, but I personally believe that Smart Lipo offers no advantages.  Tumescent liposuction with tiny cannulas has a very long record of safety and effectiveness, and it is what most board certified plastic surgeons use.  So get more opinions and good luck!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Smartlipo

+1

Without seeing pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  Results from lipo depend on several factors including the patients skin quality, underlying anatomy, areas of treatment, amount of fat to be removed, skill of the surgeon, number of areas being treated, etc.  My suggestion is that you seek on several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons if you are not comfortable after your first consultation. 

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Thighs

+1

Removing fat is one thing but, getting good to reasonable skin tightening is another. You need to get several opinions and be clear on what you expect

David A. Bray, Sr., MD