Can Smart Lipo Remove Minor Fat Without Leaving Skin Loose?

I have very little fat on my abdomen, and was told that Smart Lipo could remove the fat without leaving my skin loose or wrinkled. Is this true?

Skin tightening with SmartLipo

+1

One of the major benefits of SmartLipo is the ability to tighten skin during the procedure.  The procedure is based on the use of specific lasers that not only melt the fat (making liposuction easier) but also allow heating of the skin from underneath.  This heating can lead to tightening of the skin over several months.  The procedure is a very good option for treating small areas of fat.

Smart Lipo and VASER liposuction

+1

Both Smart Lipo and VASER lipo can define small areas of fat and tighten loose skin.  These liposuction procedures employ an energy source that destroys fat cells and tightens loose skin.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Yes, this is usually true!

+1

SmartLipo is fantastic for this type of concern, but it needs to be checked out first by your surgeon. Usually, this is a great way to take care of this and without the major scarring of a tummy tuck or more involved surgery.

So, definitely do a consult on this with a cosmetic surgeon, hopefully one that does tumescent liposuction as well, in order to see if you're a candidate. Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist