Smart Lipo 30 Days Post Op and No Noticeable Changes: Should I See a Difference Yet? (photo)

I had my upper/lower abs & flanks done. My stomach is still tender in certain areas, and although it doesn't feel too swollen, I'm still the same size in inches that I was before the surgery. I am 5'4" and 155 lbs and my stomach at the belly button is 34" and I have always carried weight in my stomach. I had 1200 cc's removed from these areas. I notice a difference on my sides but my tummy, not so much. Should I be seeing more results by now? When should my tummy start to flatten out?

Smart Lipo 30 Days Post Op and No Noticeable Changes: Should I See a Difference Yet?

+2

As having done thousands of SmartLipo/Lipo surgeries I can state in the hands of a very experienced surgeon results are almost seen immediately. In my opinion and directed observations, laser lipolysis "if done correctly" allows the noticing of improvement very early in the post operative phase. Thus, I must assume one of the following issues in your case. 1. Poorly done operation, 2. poorly trained surgeon (was your surgeon a boarded PS?), 3. or combination. You can not blame the SmartLipo technology only the user of the technology. Seek some in person second opinions. 

Healing time with Smartlipo

+1

Please give yourself more than 1 month to heal; it can take up to 6 months to heal properly. You may still be swollen in those areas.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

No results

+1

The most common question in laser lipo is why do i not see results sooner? You have had a big procedure and need time to heal. Compare yourself at 6 minths

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Smartlipo at 30 Days and Same Size

+1

In general, swelling after liposuction may last for several months, and you have not likely seen your final result.  Give yourself 3 to 6 months before making any final judgements on the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA