I Has Smart Lipo May 2012; Abdomen and Upper Back Region Only. My Inner Thighs and Butcheecks Have Become Much Bigger Since then

I feel like the fluid that stayed in my body filled up in those places. Is that normal. The cusp area just above the vagina is also much larger than before the surgery. Just want to know if that's normal after lipo? I am disappointed and think I could have saved the $5000 to use on something more useful than sucking out fat to exchange with fluid. It was a waste of money

+1

It would be helpful to know how much was removed and whether any weight was gained after the surgery.  If you still have fat to be liposuctioned, remember that is always the surgeon and the amount liposuctioned that determines the result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smart Lipo and Post Operative Swelling

+1

It would be very unusual for you to still have swelling several months following a Smart Lipo liposuction procedure.  The fact that some of this swelling is out side the areas you had liposuctioned may indicate that this problem is more a function of diet and exercise than the surgery that you had.  Check back with your surgeon to see if there is anything further that they would suggest.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo results

+1

It is normal to have slight swelling up to 6 months post procedure. Be sure to wear the compression garment for the time period suggested by your doctor. Areas that were not performed on shouldn’t feel any larger than before your procedure.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Thighs

+1

The key question is what has happened to your weight and eating habits? after you initially heal from laser lipo you need a good wortkout program and controlled diet. if not, you will gain fat in other places

David A. Bray, Sr., MD