Had Smart Lip-no Results After 3 Months. Doc Said He Cannot Explain Why?

I had smart lipo 3 months ago. I went to my follow up and the doc said there were no results. Maybe a half inch. I had my upper lower stomach and flanks done. He said I was a good candidate and he wants to redo the procedure but he could not explain why I did not get any results. Are there any docs who may be able to explain why my procedure did not work? I followed all the proper after care procedures. Not sure if I want to do it again because it may not work. What do you think?

Smartlipo 'Failure'

+2

The only reason any form of liposuction does not produce visible results is because enough fat was not removed. TSome practiitoners perform Smartlipo without suction or aspiration at the end of the emulsification or fiberoptic treatment phase of the procedure. This frequently results in lack of any real improvement. Lack of significant results can also occur when the size of the abdominal problem is better served by a tummy tuck than liposuction. 

SmartLipo and NO Results??

+1

SmartLipo in combination with liposuction should give u good results. if you see no results after the procedure and its 3 months out, perhaps its time for a touch-up or maybe even repeat the procedure all together. I would follow up with your surgeon and see what options exist. I have done several of these procedures and I remove anywhere form 1-5 liters of fat in one setting. its very rare that a ptient will see no results. unless the pt is morbidly obese and in that case Liposuction is not the answer. please post pics so that we can help u better

Misbah Khan, MD

Smart lipo and no results?

+1

Without an exam and knowing what you looked like before the procedure, makes it very difficult to comment.  If you had lipo and tissue was removed you should see a result several months later.