Should I Go Smaller? I Wear a 36 C but Sagging Due to Nursing and my Age, 53. (photo)

I am scheduled for a lift with a 230 cc implant. Will this make me look much different than I do now or just fill in volume? I am a competitie cyclist and dont want to appear larger or feel much larger, just lifted!!! Should I go smaller?

Should I Go Smaller?

+2

Most of my patients with your physique and level of exercise prefer a more sleek look. The implant chosen is pretty small, but you might want to go just with the lift. You have quite a bit of breast tissue. But the lift alone will only work if it includes significant internal support of the breast tissue. If the surgeon is planning on only tightening the skin, you will not get the long term upper breast fullness that looks good. The breast tissue needs to be elevated on the chest wall and fixed to the deep muscle.

Why go bigger?

+1

You appear to have adequate volume so I do not understand why you are getting an implant.  Just a lift will restore your shape and no implant is needed if you do not want to go bigger.  You can check out what only a lift look likes on my website under photo gallery breast lift.

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Should I Go Smaller? I Wear a 36 C but Sagging Due to Nursing and my Age, 53.

+1

Thank you for the question. Based on your question and photographs, I think you will do best spending additional time with your plastic surgeon, communicating your goals clearly. Doing so, in front of a full-length mirror, and with the help of goal pictures, will be much more precise/helpful to you ( compared to receiving advice online from plastic surgeons who have limited information).

After this careful communication, you and your plastic surgeon will be able to come up with a plan that will most likely achieve your goals. You should discuss options such as not using breast implants  and/or work together to select the best range of breast implant,  that would most likely achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural”  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Implant sizing to achieve your goals

+1

This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS