Smaller Implants - 400cc for a D Cup?

I went in to get a bit bigger breasts , wanted no more than a D , I ended up with DD which for me is 550cc's , wayyyyyyy to big for me and I get stares all the time, would 400cc's be a D for me or approximately!! I know I will need to do a consult but was just curious!!

Breast Implant Sizing?

+1

Thanks for the question.

You are correct in that it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that a specific size of implant will result in a specific cup size. Before undergoing revision surgery it will be extremely important for you to communicate your size goals with your plastic surgeon.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. 
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. 
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.  

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Smaller implants

+1

If 550cc implants are giving you a DD cup, then it is possible that going down about 150cc to a 400cc implant may be more in a D cup range.  It is always hard to say precisely as there is no standardization in cup sizes among bra manufacturers.  You don't say what size you were to begin with, and you didn't post photos. You said that you wanted to get a "bit" bigger, and so it depends on what you mean by a "bit".  400cc implants are still on the larger side, so if you wanted a more subtle change and if you were a C to begin with, for example, and if you did not have loose skin to fill out, you might choose an implant in a 300cc range.  You have to ask yourself, if you were to go through another procedure, what would be worse...still being a little too large, or being a little smaller than desired, and hedge your bets in that direction.  Somewhere between 300cc and 375-400cc depending on what you started with and the quality of your skin may be more what you would be happy with.  Just talk with your plastic surgeon and let him know what your goals are, and maybe even show some pictures of breasts that you like that are not as large as yours are.

Web reference: http://www.seattleplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-surgery.html