Will Smaller Breast Implants Help Them Look More Even?

I am 4'11'' and I weigh 100 lbs. I was assymetrical before surgery. I now have 410cc/420cc which have made them look big and lopsided. I do not look proportionate. I want to go 100cc less. Do you think that will help?

Smaller implants to look even

+2

Your photo is difficult to evaluate. I would: 1. downsize. 2. get a second opinion. 3. possibly a breast lift consideration. 4. send "before" pics and better äfter" pics. With small stature, this 410 and 420 size may

Smaller to get even

+1

Remember no two breasts are exactly the same before surgery and they will not be after surgery.  Going smaller may help but different size implants may help more.  I can't tell from the photo.

Know expectations before changing breast implants

+1

What was your expectation before surgery?  Did you help choose the size?  What did you want to look like.  These are all questions to reflect on before taking any steps to change your current situation.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Implant downsizing for breast asymmetry

+1

In your instance and with the limited information provided by the photos, it is my impression that downsizing your implants by 100cc will do little to improve the asymmetry or make a significant difference.

Downsizing breast implants

+1

The picture is difficult to see because of the shadows. Downsizing can improve size but sometimes a breast lift may be required in some cases to help equalize size. A better picture would help.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Proper breast implant size

+1

I can barely see your right breast in the photo, but the left breast looks distorted and unnatural. It looks as though a periareolar lift was performed either incorrectly or for the wrong reasons. I recommend going smaller for sure, but you need to see another surgeon. I agree that you should consider more of a breast lift to achieve better shape and symmetry.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry after Augmentation Lift

+1

It LOOKS as if you and your surgeon decided to correct sagging, asymmetric breasts with large asymmetric areolae by inflating them with large implants and a periareolar lift instead of performing a "lollipop" breast lift with or without implants. A poor decision.

Breast implants cannot and should not be "tried out" or sampled as one may try on shoes at a store. You should choose wisely and plan on keeping them the way you would a husband, until either you die or they do (leak). They are not a yo-yo device to be put in - then taken out - another set put in, then taken out etc. Each such procedure PERMANENTLY changes and distorts the breast making subsequent operations more difficult.

In my opinion, you need to wait until your surgical inflammation resolves for a few months. In the meantime, gather all your clinical information. Then see several OTHER board certified plastic surgeons (check them at www.PlasticSurgery.org) and learn how you can best reverse this result and get a look you can live with.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Smaller implants would provide you with a more proportional appearance

+1

The implant size that you have seems large for your height and weight. You could certainly consider downsizing, and it is possible that this could be accomplished without too much sagging of your breasts. However, be prepared for the possibility of a breast lift, and this would require additional incisions on the breasts. Discuss all of the above with your current surgeon and also with two additional board-certified plastic surgeons.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Changing to smaller implants will not improve symmetry

+1

You definitely can go smaller and should if you are unhappy with the size. You may or may not ned a lift, depending on how much smaller the implants are that you choose. Reducing by 100-200 cc will probably still be acceptable without a lift and look very natural. That would probably fit your frame size much better.

As far as asymmetry. It's tough to tell from the picture, from what I can see, it appears that your left implant is a little higher. But due to the lighting and camera angle it's very tough to tell. Changing implant size of both implants 100 cc's smaller, will not improve asymmetry. If you think one is larger than the other, then decrease the volume of the larger more than you decrease the volume of the smaller breast. If they are just not in a symmetric position, then have them repositioned.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Correcting breast asymmetries

+1

The photos look distorted because they are dark and shot upward.  What I can see though doesnt' look too good in my opinion.  You should visit another surgeon in your area and ask what their opinion would be.  Going much smaller, and you might need a full lift to correct sagging. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS