Smaller Implant to Reduce Premature Sagging?

I'm currently a natural 34C with a "perfect shape" according to my plastic surgeon. I'll be 23 when I have surgery, no children, am 5'7 and 135 pounds. I want to increase my size to a DD with the "push up bra look"/upper pole fullness. To get the desired look my doctor suggested 500cc high profile Mentor silicone gel implants. I'm worried about premature sagging though, I feel the implant might be too big/contribute to early sagging. Is it better to decrease cc/size? Any suggestions?

Consider Getting Smaller Breast Implants

+1
Generally, the larger the implants, the faster sagging develops. You may want to consider getting smaller implants to reduce the rate at which your breasts sag. Upper pole fullness is achieved by selecting the right implant profile, rather than picking something that's simply "big". 

You identified the most important aspect of this which is a push up bra

+1
Upper pole fullness doesn't last as implants settle.Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
It has been shown that having surgery before children will leave your breast better off after your children but 500cc implants are big and I typically do not like the look

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Breast implant size

+1

Determining the best volume to use for a breast augmentation procedure is not like putting bumpers on Chevrolets.  Each patient is different and must be evaluated individually.  Without examining you or seeing a picture it is difficult to advise you effectively.  I would suggest avoiding DD cups, however.  I get patients who come to my office for breast reductions who are DD cups.  They don't care what scars are put on their breasts, they are happy to be free of the weight that they carry through their neck, shoulders, and back.  If you are athletic, larger breasts may also interfere with your ability to work out or compete.  Also, if you are planning to use a larger volume implant, I suggest placing the implant under your chest muscle as the muscle will add support to the implant and decrease the risk of early sagging.  You mentioned that you want a "push up bra look".  Since gravity works downward and the natural shape of a breast is a teardrop, your implants will eventually settle.  An implant adds volume to the breast but it does not lift the breast, at least, not in the long term.  The best bet here is to buy a push-up bra to give your breasts that upper pole fullness.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I would suggest that you go only as “big” as necessary to achieve your goals. Generally speaking, using the smallest  breast implant that will achieve the patient's goals,  is in the patient's best interest. On the other hand, you should be aware that the most common regret after breast augmentation surgery is “I wish I was bigger”.

Based on your description of body type ( again only generally speaking)  a 500 mL breast implant does seem to be quite large.

Communicate your goals clearly/carefully with your plastic surgeon.  I prefer the use of goal pictures as opposed to discussion of cup size ( which can be a source of confusion/miscommunication).

Is 500cc too much?

+1

Personally, I think 500 cc is too large. It is impossible to tell though without photos. You might ultimately have to make priorities between size and long term stability. You are asking the right questions.

Ronald Schuster, MD

+1

Large breasts--natural or otherwise--are more likely to have problems with sagging over the years. If you would be content with a somewhat smaller implant you will still have a nice result, and less likelihood of wishing you never did this in 10or 20 years. 

Thanks for the question, best wishes.