I Have a Smaller Eye After Getting Punched? (photo)

I got in a fight about 5 yrs ago and I got hit in my left eye wich cause major swelling. After the swelling went down I had the black eye for almost a year! I did research and I was pretty sure it was a orbital fracture but I went to a eye doctor and he said I have no fracture at all ! Now this really bothers me and I want it to get fixed can Someone please help and give me some info on what could be wrong? Thank you

I Have a Smaller Eye After Getting Punched?

+1

It's impossible to say without examining your eyes. Your injury certainly had the potential to create an orbital fracture but that doesn't mean it did occur. The asymmetry that you're describing and is evident in your photos could have resulted from an orbital fracture or could be due to the way that you've developed and had nothing to do with the injury. We all have some degree of facial asymmetry. I would recommend consulting with an oculoplastic or facial plastic surgeon for a detailed examination. They might recommend a CT scan of your facial bones to evaluate the underlying bony symmetry and determine the best way to proceed. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Face, eye trauma

+1

You need a facial bone CT scan to see what the condition of the bone is. need to consult an ophthalmologist and plastic surgeon to get to a diagnosis.