Should I Go with a Smaller Chin Implant or Remove It Altogether? Can I Do Something About my Cheeks? (photo)

Had chin implant 2 of wks ago + buccal fat removal & lipo under jaw & neck. Regret buccal fat removal as ppl say I look tired. I'm 31 & I still got ID'd before. I have depression as my cheeks are looking hollow & my face looks rectangular & long. PS wanted to use X-large implant but I agreed to a large without him even showing me any. can’t see bottom teeth & smile looks bad & unnatural. Will smaller implant make smile normal? scared of skin sagging or dimples if removed. how about my cheeks?

Chin Implant Surgery - Final Results take time

+3

Final Healing Following Chin Augmentation and Facial Surgery is Progressive Over Many Months
Everyone wants an immediate result - including surgeons! Unfortunately this just isn't how we heal. three weeks is just too early to tell. There are many predictable portions of the healing process that ALL PATIENTS EXPERIENCE. Although both doctor and patients would like to not have this happen, it is part of the healing process.  Massage can some times be of benefit during this time period if your surgeon recommends it. Side effects refer to what you will likely be experiencing from the face and chin healing process: Here are some of the common things you will experience. The common side effects include: swelling which is maximum 2-3 days later, bruising (highly variable), numbness which takes several months to resolve,  tightness takes several days to months to resolve, discomfort chewing (technique dependent), discomfort (generally mild with this surgery, nausea (variable) and in some patients emotional lability in some. Although most of the visible edema resolves in 2-4 weeks residual firmness (edema you feel but don’t see) can linger for several months. Skin suppleness also takes a while to return as does scar maturation. I tell my patients it takes up to a year for final resolution of the healing process. In my experience, the above rough time table is usually delayed in smokers, when multiple procedures are performed together and when resurfacing procedures are done at the same time as the lift. The same is true if complications occur such as infection, hematoma,  etc.  

Early Concerns After Chin Implant and Facial Fat Removal

+3

Being only two weeks out from surgery, it is way too early pass judgment on the type of facial surgery that you had done particularly a chin implant. It is perfectly normal at this point to feel that the implant is too big and that the lower lip and chin areas do not feel or move normally. All of these effects will pass. You need a full three months after surgery for all the swelling to go away and the feeling to return to normal. While it is possible you may feel as you do now in three months, the odds are equally likely you may much more satisfied with what was done.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Should I go with a smaller chin implant?

+1

I would give it a bit of time to see how your healing progresses. 2 weeks is still soon after your surgery, and there is swelling present. In the meantime, I would recommend discussing any concerns with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and good luck with the remainder of your recovery! 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Should I Go with a Smaller Chin Implant or Remove It Altogether? Can I Do Something About my Cheeks?

+1

Much to early to be complaining about the whole operation. Allow a few months of healing before considering additional surgeries.