Small White Little Raised Acne Scar?

Can fraxel treat small little white raised(not much ; less than 2mm) scar? I have it on the nose. Two of them.

A photo would be helpful. Probably best treated by vaporization with and Erbium or CO2 laser.

+1

I like to use an erbium or CO2 laser to vaporize small raised benign skin lesions such as small white acne scars.

Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Raised Scars

+1

Dear patient, I have the Mixto fractional CO2 laser. I can tell you that raised scars can be planned down with the Mixto CO2 laser. There are 2 issues you should be aware of. The nose can have large pores and removing scars can rarely make the pores appear even larger. This is usually temporary and will subside as the swelling resolves. The second and more important issue is the color of the scar. White scars will probably continue to stay white! One could argue that white flat scars are easier to conceal that raised ones. I think the procedure is still worth it but make sure you discuss these points with your surgeon. Yours, Dr. David R.

A. David Rahimi, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist