Small Sore Bruise Lump in Left Breast? (photo)

I am 4 days post op from having capsular contractor revision surgery on my right breast, I've now got a bigger implants and on left breast near my cleavage there is a very sore small movable lump, please advise me, will this go intime? It hasn't changed in size since it appeared , day 2 post op

Bruised Lump after Breast Implant Revision

The bruised lump after breast implant revision may be a fluid collection, small hematoma, bruise, or suture reaction or suture abscess.  Follow up with your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Small Sore Bruise Lump in Left Breast?

In the absence of fever, chills, sweats, etc., it's relatively likely that it is a small problem and, even, that it may go away on its own.  However, at four days post-op that is not something you can reasonable take for granted.  You should contact your surgeon and discuss it with him/her.  You may need to be seen in person just to be sure.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Small Sore Bruise Lump in Left Breast? (

Among other possibilities is a defect in the capsule from the first surgery that permitting the implant to "herniate" through that area. This may improve as the capsule reforms. . 

But there are numerous other possibilities, and it will take an actual exam to make a determination. Please call your surgeon to discuss this.

All the best.  

Small lump after implant surgery

A small lump can be many different things. It is best to be seen in person in order to properly assess it.