I Have Very Small Scars from Lip Piercings and Am Wondering How Much It Would Be to Close the Scars? (photo)

I had both sides of my lips pierced for quite some time. Ive been trying to close them for the past year and on the outside I have a small hole while the inside is closed. I am graduating in May to be a teacher and I would like for my face to look professional. I was wondering what kind of treatments are available and how much they run. Any advice or input is greatly appreciated!

I Have Very Small Scars from Lip Piercings and Am Wondering How Much It Would Be to Close the Scars?

+2

A scar revision would be required to freshen the edges of those two small scars and close the skin. The problem is that the tract that was created by the piercings has healed with skin and mucosa. Once that tissue is removed from the piercing tract it will be able to heal. Delicate sutures will be placed in the skin to close the skin portion of the piercing. This should heal very nicely. Total cost will likely range between $500-1000 and this can be performed in the office. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip piercing scars

+1

Lip piercing scars remove the inner epithelialized tunnel and close the skin on the mucosa and outer lip. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS